If you’re ready to toss out your Christmas tree, the City of Saskatoon and the City of Regina are asking you to recycle trees properly.
Trees discarded in alleys or on the street will not be picked up, but there are several public drop-off locations available.
In both cities, trees are chipped and either composted or used as mulch.
In Regina, the city will operate five Christmas tree drop-off locations from December 28 to February 1:
- Sandra Schmirler Leisure Centre (3130 East Woodhams Dr.)
- Optimist Arena (222 Sunset Dr.)
- Joanne Goulet Golf Club (8045 Kestral Dr.)
- City of Regina Container Shop (500 Arcola Ave.)
- City of Regina Landfill
Last year, Regina recycled about 3,000 trees.
In Saskatoon, there are seven residential Christmas tree drop-off locations. They will remain open until January 31st.
- Primrose Drive Recycling Depot (next to Lawson Civic Centre)
- Lowe Road Recycling Depot (entrance via Ludlow Street)
- Wildwood Golf Course parking lot
- George Ward Pool parking lot (5th Street and Grosvenor Avenue)
- Doukhobor Cultural Society of Saskatchewan parking lot (17th Street and Avenue I)
- Meadowgreen Recycling Depot (Whitney Avenue and 22nd Street)
- Edmonton Avenue Recycling Depot
View Christmas Tree Recycling in a larger map