Saskatchewan had its share of viral hits this year. We had a failed selfie in Peru, a puppy rescue near North Battleford and you went crazy for a caller to CBC that couldn't take the weather forecast.
Selfie stunt gone wrong
Jared Frank wanted to take a video of himself near a train in Peru. The conductor had other ideas and booted Frank in the head. The video made Frank a YouTube sensation.
- Jared Frank poised to earn big bucks from kick-in-the-head video
- Kick-in-the-head guy Jared Frank still having fun with video but not getting rich
Puppies rescued near Glaslyn
A hunter found and rescued a litter of puppies in a field. The humane society was inundated with support from all over North America. The puppies were all eventually adopted.
- Battlefords Humane Society busy after hunter finds 20 puppies in field near Glaslyn
- Help pours in for 20 puppies abandoned in a field
- Last of abandoned puppies adopted, says Battlefords' Humane Society
A teenager's sweater had a statement on it that said 'Got Land? Thank an Indian'. Those five words caused a big debate in the community and on our website.
- First Nation teen told not to wear 'Got Land?' shirt at school
- Racially charged Internet trolling draws harsh criticism
- Creator of 'Thank an Indian' shirts hits business snag
Farm kids on the job
Kids working on the family farm were investigated by the province. The story became a hot-button topic of discussion around the province. The minister of labour said the sisters working on their parent's chicken plant was 'common sense'.
- Saskatchewan farmers cry foul over child labour investigation
- Covlin kids cleared to work in family's chicken plant
A pretty remarkable Saskatchewan teacher made one assignment students would never forget and this story made headlines across Canada.
- 20 years later, Sask. teacher mails student-penned letters
- Inspirational Saskatchewan teacher star of new WestJet ad
Our most clicked on and shared story of the year belongs to an anonymous caller that couldn't handle our Sheila Coles' optimistic weather forecast.
On mobile? Try this link