Careless cooking likely cause of big fire in Regina
Appliance malfunction hasn't been ruled out, officials say
Investigators says careless cooking is likely to blame for the fire that destroyed a townhouse complex in Regina last Thursday, putting a dozen people out of their homes.
However, the possibility of an appliance malfunction has not been ruled out, officials said Wednesday.
The fire started on a stovetop element at a home at 844 Gladmer Park just before 5 a.m. CST.
It eventually spread to cupboards and then the rest of the home and the attached units.
A mother and five children who lived in the unit got out safely, as well as the people living in the other three units of the four-plex.
Some of them are living in temporary accommodations and are looking for a new place to live.