Excessive rain has led to some Canada Day events in Regina being dropped.
Organizers have scrubbed plans for a program with musical acts Wide Mouth Mason and Big Sugar and there will be no beer gardens in Wascana Park.
However, a number of other events for the family and teens will go ahead. The main stage has moved. It is now on the east end of Legislative Drive.
Family performers will take the stage in the afternoon and the teen's performer and local bands will be on in the evening.
- Western Canada's Strongest Man competition will be back.
- The Dino Bouncers and Cirque Nova Circus are on.
- Curbside Games will provide entertainment.
- Food, retail and craft vendors will be set up.
- A number of street teams will be providing entertainment and activities.
The fireworks, a 21-gun salute will also go ahead.
Plywood Cup postponed
On Monday, the Canada Progress Club announced that the 10th Annual Plywood Cup, a fund raising event, had been postponed. It was set for July 1 but due to high water levels on Wascana Lake they are going to schedule the event for another day, later in the summer.