5 biggest City of Regina tax exemptions
Annual bylaw being prepared
The City of Regina is preparing to approve $2.55 million worth of property tax exemptions.
It's part of an annual process that goes to the Finance and Administration Committee today.
Council will be asked to pass a bylaw to make the exemptions official.
The exemptions, which apply to sports, arts, charity, and community groups, affect tax revenues that go to the city, school boards and the library board.
The city's portion of the $2.55 million is $1.39 million.
Last week, Regina City Council passed its annual budget, which included a 5.88 per cent property tax increase.
Here are the top five tax exemptions, in order of magnitude:
1. RCMP Heritage Centre ($551,875)
2. Regina Airport Authority ($551,090)
3. Saskatchewan Science Centre ($383,561)
4. MacKenzie Art Gallery ($263,293)
5. Regina & District Food Bank ($114,609)