4 more measles cases in Saskatchewan
There are now 10 confirmed cases, nine of them in Regina
There are now 10 confirmed measles cases in Saskatchewan, the provincial government says.
Nine of the cases are in the Regina-Qu'Appelle Health Region.
Last week, the province said there were six confirmed cases, five of them in that region.
Every case has been linked to one of the two original cases, said Dr. Maurice Hennink, the deputy medical health officer with the Regina-Qu'Appelle Health Region.
"Where we can say this one had contact with that one on that date and so on and we can exactly point that out," he said. "None of the cases were in the general exposure situation so the general public has not been affected by this."
The health region has released more possible places people could have been exposed to the virus.
"The virus certainly hangs in the air for a period of up to two hours afterwards, but it's usually in more enclosed spaces like a room," said Hennink. "In general, large open spaces, the inactivity chance is obviously much, much less."
Here is an updated list:
- Pur Indulgence Salon and Spa (#14-5875 Rochdale Blvd.- Feb. 1, 09:30 a.m .- 4:00 p.m.)
- Sobeys (Rochdale location - Feb. 2, 1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Fresh Coffee Shop (Hamilton St.- Feb. 3, 9:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.)
- Cornwall Shopping Centre (The Bay and Cleo stores only - Feb. 3, 11:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.)
- Regina General Hospital (front entrance area - Feb. 4, 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.)
- Shoppers Drug Mart (Rochdale locaction Jan. 21, 11 a.m. -1:30 p.m. )
- Shoppers Drug Mart (McCarthy location Jan. 22, 12:45 p.m. - 3:15 p.m.)
- Galaxy Movie Theatre (McCarthy location Jan. 27, 6:45 p.m. -11:30 p.m.)