2 escape from early morning fire in Moose Jaw

Two Moose Jaw residents managed to escape from a house fire early Monday morning.

Improper installation of a home sterep system cited as cause

Two Moose Jaw residents managed to escape from a house fire early Monday morning.

Fire fighters were called to the blaze at 1006 Caribou St. E. at 3:43 a.m. CST.

Fire officials said both occupants escaped without injury.

The cause was "improper installation of an electronic device," fire officials said. They later clarified it was a home-wired stereo. 

The blaze caused about $50,000 damage to the home, officials said.