2 deaths in Saskatoon may be CO poisoning, police say
Two people are dead, possibly from carbon monoxide poisoning linked to a gas-powered generator, police in Saskatoon say.
The deaths of an 18-year-old woman and a 42-year-old man at a home in the 1000 block of Avenue M South were reported to police Friday night around 10 p.m. CST.
Police said the victims were discovered by family members who had gone to the house to check on the people there. They said two pets, a dog and a cat, were also discovered dead inside the home.
Police said they were investigating along with the province's coroner, noting that the deaths appeared to be accidental.
"Power to the home had recently been cut off and the residents were using a gas powered generator which was located in the basement as a source for electricity," police said in a news release about the case.
They added that autopsies have been scheduled for Monday.