1,000s of students affected by school bus cancellations
School divisions respond to bitter cold
With temperatures well into the -30s, school bus service was cancelled at a number of school divisions around Saskatchewan on Monday.
The cancellations affect thousands of students, although no schools are closing their doors.
In Saskatoon, where it was -35 at 7:30 a.m. CST, school buses were cancelled in both the Catholic and public school divisions.
Regina public school buses are running today, but parents are being asked to dress students warmly and cover any exposed skin. The Regina Catholic school division will also have buses running.
Also in Regina, Luther College high school buses are cancelled, but the school is open.
Other cancellations include:
- Prairie Valley School Division (all buses cancelled).
- Sun West school division (all buses cancelled).
- French school board (buses cancelled for Regina, Moose Jaw, Gravelbourg, and Zenon Park).
- Saskatoon area (buses in communities surrounding city cancelled).
- Holy Trinity schools in Moose Jaw (all buses and vans cancelled).
- Prairie South schools (buses cancelled).
- Prairie Spirit School Division and Sun West School Division (buses cancelled).
- Chinook School Division, Swift Current (buses cancelled).
- Southeast Cornerstone School Division (buses cancelled).