Quebec Votes 2012 Week in Review podcast
Posted: Aug 10, 2012 12:03 PM ET
Last Updated: Sep 7, 2012 1:44 PM ET
The final episode of our Quebec Votes 2012 podcasts: Gilles Duceppe on why the results were so much closer than expected. The Radio-Canada cameraman who captured the images of the violence outside where Pauline Marois was giving her acceptance speech. Bernard St-Laurent looks at the prospects for the survival of the new minority government.
This week: our feature interview with François Legault; Jean Charest answers critics accusing him of opening up the Bill 101 issue; Bernard St-Laurent has analysis on where things stand in the final days of the campaign.
This week: our interview with Liberal Leader Jean Charest and high profile Liberal dissident Jean-Paul Boily. Plus, Bernard St-Laurent and Mike Finnerty look at how voters are facing their difficult choices.
Special edition: Leaders' debate review
This week: Pauline Marois' first English-language interview of the campaign, we discuss the PQ's Secular Charter, voters from Laval have their say, and Bernard St-Laurent analyses the latest polls.
In the first Quebec Votes Week in Review podcast, Bernard St-Laurent analyses the latest poll numbers. We speak to Jacques Duchesneau about his candidacy, and discuss the Duchesneau effect. Mike Finnerty chairs a candidates' debate on sovereignty and language.
A review of the week in the Quebec 2012 election campaign featuring the best CBC interviews with politicians and voters plus fresh analysis from CBC senior political journalist Bernard St-Laurent. Hosted by Bernie and Daybreak's Mike Finnerty.
Quebec Election Results
Updated: Sep. 5, 2012, 1:58 AM EDT
|Party||Elected||Leading||Total||Vote Share (%)|
All results are unofficial until final ballot counts are verified by Elections Quebec. CBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Leaders & Parties
- Jean Charest Liberal Party
- Pauline Marois Parti Québécois
- François Legault Coalition Avenir Québec
- Amir Khadir, Françoise David Québec Solidaire
- Jean-Martin Aussant Option Nationale
- Claude Sabourin Parti vert du Québec
Latest Quebec Votes 2012 Headlines
- Pauline Marois to become Quebec's 1st female premier
- Pauline Marois and the Parti Québécois claimed victory over the incumbent Liberals on Tuesday night, winning a minority government in an election night that ended with a deadly shooting. more »
- Liberal Leader Jean Charest concedes defeat
- Liberal Leader Jean Charest loses his seat, as his government was ousted from power during Tuesday's Quebec election. more »
- PQ Montreal victory rally shooting leaves man dead, 1 injured
- A man in his 40s was shot dead and another person was critically wounded close to where Pauline Marois was giving her victory speech to supporters before midnight, prompting a swift response from the Parti Québécois leader's security team and an evacuation of the downtown Montreal concert hall. more »
- Premier Jean Charest loses home riding of Sherbrooke
- Former Bloc Québécois MP Serge Cardin has defeated Liberal Leader Jean Charest in his home riding of Sherbrooke, a seat the Quebec premier has only narrowly held on to in past elections. more »