Truck crashes into 2 vehicles on Route 2
Posted: Dec 31, 2012 4:33 PM AT
Last Updated: Dec 31, 2012 5:08 PM AT
A truck crossed the centre line and crashed into two vehicles in Wellington Centre, P.E.I. Monday morning.
RCMP say the crash shut the section of Route 2 for almost two hours after 11 a.m.
Cst. James Morrison said weather may have been a factor.
"One of the vehicles was a pickup truck heading eastbound. It apparently lost control [on] slippery, icy roads with high winds. It ended up crossing over into the oncoming lane and came into contact with two other oncoming vehicles," he said.
Each oncoming vehicle had one male occupant. One man was treated on the scene and released, while the others were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
A bus went off the same road Sunday.
Latest Prince Edward Island News Headlines
- Canada Post campaigns against 'no flyers' mailbox signs
- Canada Post has been mailing more than 900,000 letters across the country to people to try to convince them to remove "no flyer" signs from their mailboxes. more »
- Atlantic hurricane season forecast to be busy
- The U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is predicting is busier than average Atlantic hurricane season with up to 20 named storms, including as many as six major hurricanes. more »
- 'Mistaken' Duffy asked Senate committee how much he owed
- Letters between Senator Mike Duffy and Senator David Tkachuk, head of the committee looking into his expenses, reveal that Duffy was at times an active participant in the committee's investigation. more »
- Too many bused to school on P.E.I.: report
- Not enough children on P.E.I. are walking or biking to school, says the 2013 Active Healthy Canada report, and that could be contributing to poor health. more »
Top News Headlines
- How was the Mike Duffy report 'whitewashed?'
- 2nd suspect in Tim Bosma murder case to plead not guilty
- Chat about the rise of binge TV watching on Thursday 7 p.m.
- SNC-Lavalin letter says Gadhafi son offered VP post: RCMP
- Motorcyclist killed in Marshfield collision
- Alcohol banned from campground for festival
- Holman Grand to reopen
- 35 laid off at UPEI
- Mike Duffy's primary home not P.E.I., unedited Senate report says
- Principal pleads guilty to luring a minor
- Car dealer faces $15K vandal bill
- Gay blood donation policy called improvement
- Peewee hockey bodychecking faces national ban