Sisters get 2nd shot at Toronto Fashion Week
Two sisters from P.E.I. are showcasing their clothing at Toronto Fashion Week for a second year in a row.
Louanna and Hilary Murphy's fashion line Dreamboat Lucy is in the running to be this year's Mercedes Benz Start-up winner, an award given to a promising, emerging Canadian designer.
Dreamboat Lucy's latest collection will be showcased Tuesday night with six other lines from across the country. The winner gets their stuff strutted at a solo runway show at World Fashion Week in March.
This is the second year in a row the sisters, who grew up in Kensington, have been finalists.
The other finalists are
- Malorie Urbanovitch, Women's RTW of Calgary
- Cecile Raizonville, Matiére Noire of Laval, Que.
- Pedram Karimi of Laval, Que.
- Eliza Faulkner, Eliza Faulkner Designs of Duncan, B.C.
- Hussein Dhalla, HD Homme of Kitchener, Ont.
- Jonathan Shimoni, Faded Lifestyle of Kitchener, Ont.