Police and fire officials have wrapped up their investigation into a deadly mobile home fire Thursday night at the Sunshine Trailer Park in Summerside, P.E.I.

Fire investigators said it appears flames started more than an hour before neighbours noticed the smoke and called 911.

By the time firefighters arrived on scene around 6:30 p.m., Richard Leslie Snow, 65, was already dead.

Fire Marshall Dave Rossiter said the fire was caused when Snow lit a pellet stove with an accelerant. He said it looks like Snow's clothes caught on fire.

Rossiter said the tragedy should serve as a warning not to use accelerants when lighting fires.