Man seriously burned after being shocked: RCMP investigating
RCMP in eastern P.E.I. are investigating an incident where a 74-year-old man suffered severe burns when he was cutting wires in an abandoned building.
RCMP say the man was gathering scrap metal and cutting wires in the building when he cut into a wire that was still live with 600 volts of electricity.
The man was severely burned. He was transported by Island EMS to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and then transported to Halifax where he remains in critical condition.
In a release RCMP said the incident highlights the dangers of cutting and taking wires from property that you do not own.
King County RCMP continue to investigate the matter.