The province's Liberal party outlined its plans for P.E.I.'s three primary industries Monday.
Liberal Leader Robert Ghiz's announcement at Island Abbey Foods in Charlottetown focused on investment and innovation in agriculture, tourism and the fishery.
Some of the proposals included:
- Offering a new entrepreneur loan program that will expand access to working capital to 100 per cent of a maximum $75,000 loan.
- Increasing marketing and infrastructure support for tourism and cultural events.
- Providing a six-month internship program for graduates of Holland College, the University of Prince Edward Island and College Acadie.
- Establishing a seafood marketing and development agency for product development, showcasing Island products and promoting the industry in growing markets.
- Building an agri-business program to enable food processors and farmers in emerging sectors to gain access to required technology.
"The Liberal party is committed to jobs, economic growth and making sure every Islander has access to an economy that is growing for generations to come," said Ghiz.