A fire in a Stratford, P.E.I., apartment building has left more than 20 people temporarily homeless this weekend.

The fire started early Saturday in a building at 25 Glen Stewart Drive in the Charlottetown​ suburb of Stratford, the Canadian Red Cross says. 

It says one unit was damaged by fire and several others have smoke and water damage.

Volunteers brought meals and personal-care kits for 15 adults and one child. The Red Cross provided emergency shelter for one tenant. 

Most tenants have made arrangements to stay with family or friends.


  • The fire happened at 25 Glen Stewart Drive, not 15. An earlier report had the wrong address.
    Oct 20, 2013 3:23 PM AT