An expanded package promotion this year called The Vacation the Kids Took Over has seen a huge increase in sales, say officials with Tourism Cavendish Beach.
The promotion offers accommodation and bracelet passes to a number of attractions in the Cavendish area. It was designed to boost business in the early part of the season. The promotion runs from June 21 to July 12.
It began last year, but this season was expanded to not only include a four-day package, but also a seven day one.
More operators also signed on this year.
The president of Tourism Cavendish Beach, Mike Forrest, said bracelets are still being honoured this week but preliminary numbers show an increase in sales of at least 50 to 75 per cent.
"The guests have been coming out," said Forrest. "They have been enjoying it.
"Our operators who have been participating in it have really enjoyed it. It's well organized and it just shows when you bring a group of operators together, really anything is achievable. "
Forrest said given the success, the promotion will more than likely return next year.