Health Minister Doug Currie announced the hiring of seven doctors on Friday.
The announcement includes doctors whose start dates are spread out over the next 15 months.
- Dr. Tyler McDonell began his practice this month as a hospitalist, as well as in family medicine, in Summerside. Dr. McDonell is a physician from the P.E.I. Family Medicine Residency Training Program.
- Dr. Sang Lee will begin practice as an anesthetist in Charlottetown this month.
- Dr. Thomas Ofuafor will begin his psychiatry practice in Charlottetown later this summer.
- Dr. Rebecca Schaefer will begin working as an emergency room physician at Prince County Hospital in September.
- Dr. John Morash, who is providing locum support in Tyne Valley this fall, will practice family medicine in Summerside in January 2015.
- Dr. Alex MacLean will practice internal medicine and cardiology in Charlottetown starting in September 2015.
- Dr. Erin MacQuarrie has accepted a position in pathology at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital beginning in October 2015.