The Workers Compensation Board of P.E.I. and Cooke Insurance of Charlottetown have five tips for keeping yourself safe while operating a snow blower.
Snow blowers make the task of clearing snow a lot easier, but they are also potentially dangerous. Here are five tips to help keep you safe.
- Make sure guards are properly installed.
- Never use hands to clear snow from chutes or moving parts. Many snow blowers now come with a special tool for this.
- Turn snow blower off before clearing snow.
- Do not wear scarves or other loose clothing while operating a snow blower.
- Be aware some snow blower surfaces can become hot enough to cause burns.
The WCB notes that there was one serious accident involving a snow blower on P.E.I. last winter.
There was only one serious accident involving a snow blower on P.E.I. last winter. This story previously reported there were two.Jan 14, 2015 10:54 AM AT