5 snow blower safety tips
New snow blowers come with special safety tools
The Workers Compensation Board of P.E.I. and Cooke Insurance of Charlottetown have five tips for keeping yourself safe while operating a snow blower.
Snow blowers make the task of clearing snow a lot easier, but they are also potentially dangerous. Here are five tips to help keep you safe.
- Make sure guards are properly installed.
- Never use hands to clear snow from chutes or moving parts. Many snow blowers now come with a special tool for this.
- Turn snow blower off before clearing snow.
- Do not wear scarves or other loose clothing while operating a snow blower.
- Be aware some snow blower surfaces can become hot enough to cause burns.
The WCB notes that there was one serious accident involving a snow blower on P.E.I. last winter.
- There was only one serious accident involving a snow blower on P.E.I. last winter. This story previously reported there were two.Jan 14, 2015 10:54 AM AT