Heritage designations were awarded to 15 lighthouses across Prince Edward Island Wednesday by Tourism and Culture Minister Rob Henderson.
View P.E.I. heritage lighthouses in a larger map
The lighthouses are situated all across the Island.
- Leards Front Range Lighthouse, Victoria
- Cape Egmont Lighthouse, Cape Egmont
- Blockhouse Lighthouse, Rocky Point
- Cape Bear Lighthouse, Beach Point
- East Point Lighthouse, East Point
- Indian Head Lighthouse, Lower Bedeque
- New London Range Lighthouse, Park Corner
- North Cape Lighthouse, Seacow Pond
- North Rustico Lighthouse, North Rustico
- Panmure Head Lighthouse, Panmure Island
- Point Prim Lighthouse, Point Prim
- Seacow Head Lighthouse, Fernwood
- Wood Islands Lighthouse, Wood Islands
- Souris Historic Lighthouse, Souris
- West Point Lighthouse, West Point
“Lighthouses are a defining characteristic of the Island’s coastline and an extremely important part of our marine history," said Henderson in a news release.
The lighthouses were reviewed for historical significance by the Heritage Places Advisory Board.