More daycare spaces, Ghiz vows
Posted: Sep 9, 2011 5:35 PM AT
Last Updated: Sep 9, 2011 5:17 PM AT
Liberal Leader Robert Ghiz was focusing on help for young families and more support for expanded education programs today with stops in Charlottetown and Summerside.
He promised more daycare and infant care spaces in different areas of the province and increased support for technology learning programs for high school students.
Ghiz also promised a maintained or improved student to teacher ratio in the province.
Ghiz will hold his Liberal party kick-off rally at Three Oaks Senior High School in Summerside Friday night.
PEI Election Results
Updated: Oct. 3, 2011, 8:27 PM EDT
|Party||Elected||Leading||Total||Vote Share (%)|
All results are unofficial until final ballot counts are verified by Elections Prince Edward Island. CBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Latest PEI Votes 2011 Headlines
- Crane and 4 Tories voted in
- Progressive Conservative Leader Olive Crane is heading back to Province House, and she's taking four Tories with her. more »
- Very close races in 4 districts
- Four of the 27 P.E.I. electoral districts had races in which the winner and runner-up were separated by fewer than 100 votes. more »
- 2 Liberal cabinet ministers defeated
- Despite the majority victory for the P.E.I. Liberals in Monday's provincial election, two members of the government's cabinet went down to defeat. more »
- Tories break through in west, urban district
- While the Progressive Conservatives were a distant second in Monday's P.E.I. election, the party built on its traditional strength in the east with a win on the western tip of the province as well as the urban district of Stratford. more »