|Party||Candidate||Votes||Vote Share (%)||Status|
|11/11 polls||Updated: Oct. 3, 2011 8:27 PM EDT|
All results are unofficial until final ballot counts are verified by Elections Prince Edward Island. CBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Electoral Districts Menu
- LIB – Kevin Gotell
- PC – Steven Myers
- NDP – Jane Dunphy
- GREEN – Jason Furness
- ISLAND – Ray Cantelo
Mike Currie, an MLA since 1996, resigned his seat to run in this year's federal election and is not running again.
This district includes a large section of the eastern shore of P.E.I. and, as of the 2006 redistribution, incorporates much of the former Morell-Fortune Bay district. The former Georgetown-Baldwin's Road district was almost totally absorbed into the area.
Georgetown (pop. 721), which has one of the region's best harbours, was formerly an important port with a burgeoning shipbuilding industry, but that role has been diminished. The Irving-owned East Isle Shipyard currently has no work, but the during the recent federal election campaign more work was promised.
Among the major tourist and recreation draws is the Dundarave championship golf course, built in 1999, which received a "near-perfect" rating from the influential magazine Golf Digest in 2002. Tourism has been down in the eastern part of the province, and golf is also slipping, down 4.5 per cent in 2010.
- 2007: Mike Currie (PC) defeated Danny Walker (LIB) by 289 votes.
- 2003: Currie defeated Walker (LIB) by 668 votes
- 2000: Currie beat Danny Campbell (LIB) by 980 votes.
- 1996: Currie defeated Rose Marie MacDonald (LIB) by 281 votes.
- 2003: Kevin MacAdam (PC) beat Larry McGuire (LIB) by 551 votes.
- 2001 byelection: MacAdam defeated McGuire by 444 votes.
- 2000: MacAdam defeated Danny Larkin (LIB) by 965 votes.
- 1996: MacAdam defeated Walter Bradley (LIB) by 281 votes.