Worker suffers serious electrical shock at Carleton University
An electrical contractor is in hospital after suffering an electrical shock while working at Carleton University.
Ottawa paramedics said they were called to campus just before 11 a.m. Tuesday.
They said a 32-year-old man was on top of a ladder and removing wires from a ceiling fixture when he was shocked, causing him to fall off the ladder.
He was treated for second-degree burns and a serious cut to one of his hands.
Paramedics said he is in stable condition in hospital.