A man has died when he was electrocuted in an industrial accident Sunday night on the rooftop of a McDonald's restaurant on Meadowlands Drive.
Emergency responders were called at 10:50 p.m. to the restaurant at 888 Meadowlands Dr. near Prince of Wales Drive and found a man in his 30s on the roof.
Firefighters and paramedics said they believe the man may have suffered an electric shock while working on refrigeration equipment on the roof.
Firefighters shut down power to the unit and paramedics performed CPR before the man was lowered from the roof with a basket and an aerial ladder.
He was rushed to hospital where he later was pronounced dead.
The worker was with Shouldice Mechanical Inc. in Carp, the Ontario Ministry of Labour confirmed.
The Ministry of Labour is investigating the death.