Many city services will be closed on Monday of the Thanksgiving long weekend and some services will be operating in a reduced manner.
Museums open on Monday
The National Art Gallery, the Museum of Nature and the Canadian Science and Technology Museum will be open on Thanksgiving. They are all normally closed on Mondays. Check the museum web pages for their hours of operation.
Other museums that are normally open on Mondays, including the Canadian War Museum, the Museum of Civilization and the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum, will also be open on Thanksgiving.
What's closed until Tuesday:
- City-operated Child Care Centres.
- All branches, departments and services of the Ottawa Public Library.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven client service centres, including the government service centre at 110 Laurier Ave. W.
- Provincial Offences Court.
- The city's Trail Waste Facility.
- OC Transpo customer relations department.
- Ottawa Public Health information line (OPHIL) and AIDS line.
- Sexual health centre and clinics, with the exception of the Site mobile van.
- Dental clinics.
What's operating at reduced hours of operation
- The City’s 3-1-1 contact centre will be open for urgent matters requiring immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call (TTY: 613-580-2401).
- OC Transpo will operate a Sunday schedule. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information.
- OC Transpo sales and information centres will be closed, with the exception of the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Many pools, arenas and fitness centres will be open, but many registered classes will be cancelled. Please check ottawa.ca or the facility of your choice for details.
- Most programming at arts centres, archives, galleries, theatres and museums will not be offered. Check ottawa.ca or the facility to confirm, as some exceptions may apply.
For a complete list — including links to specific programs — check the City of Ottawa page.