What's open and closed in Ottawa for Remembrance Day
- City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centres at 110 Laurier Ave. W, will be closed, with business resuming as usual on Tuesday.
- Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Cresc., will also be closed on Monday, with business resuming as usual on Tuesday.
- The 311 contact centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the city's immediate attention. Call 311 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a representative. For persons with a hearing-related disability, call (TTY): 613-580-2401.
Garbage and recycling:
- Curbside green bin, recycling, garbage and leaf and yard waste collection will take place on regularly scheduled days with no changes to the schedule.
- Multi-residential garbage and recycling container collection will take place on its regularly scheduled days with no changes.
- The Trail Road landfill site will be open.
Public transit service:
- OC Transpo will operate a regular weekday schedule. War veterans who wear their medals or uniforms may ride OC Transpo, Para Transpo and Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) for free.
- Buses will pull over to the side of the road (where it is safe to do so) to observe two minutes of silence at 11 a.m. Monday. The Last Post and Reveille will be played over the radios of OC Transpo buses. OC Transpo operators may also wear red in support of Canadian Forces troops.
- STO will also operate a regular schedule.
- OC Transpo sales and information centres will be closed, with the exception of the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 12:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Customer Relations Department (613-842-3600) will be closed.
- All City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions will apply Monday.
- Pools, arenas and fitness centres will be open for public swimming, aquafitness, skating and fitness classes with regular schedules.
- Registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas will be operating, however, clients should check with their facility to confirm as some exceptions will apply.
Ottawa Public Health:
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Line (OPHIL) and AIDS-Sexual Health Info Line will be closed.
- The Sexual Health Centre and satellite clinics are closed.
- The SITE office at 179 Clarence St. will be closed, however, the Site mobile van will be operating on a regular schedule from 5 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- Well Baby drop-in will be closed.
- To report an urgent public health issue, call 311. Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 (TTY1-866-797-0007) is also available to obtain health advice or general health information from a registered nurse.
- Most programming at arts centres, archives, galleries, theatres and museums will not be offered, however, clients should check ottawa.ca or their facility to confirm as some exceptions may apply.
Municipal child care:
- City-operated child care centres will be closed.
- All branches of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed, with regular hours resuming on Tuesday.