West Hunt Club and Woodroffe logged most crashes in 2013
West Hunt Club, Hunt Club roads appear in 6 of 13 most dangerous intersections
The intersection at West Hunt Club and Woodroffe roads saw 45 crashes and 16 injuries in 2013, more than any other intersection in Ottawa, according to the 2009-13 road safety report.
- To view the full report, click here.
- On mobile? To view a map of the most dangerous intersections, click here.
Of Ottawa's 13 most dangerous intersections, West Hunt Club and Hunt Club roads appeared the most often:
- No. 1: West Hunt Club & Woodroffe, with 45 crashes.
- No. 2: Merivale & West Hunt Club, with 37 crashes.
- No. 3: Hunt Club & Riverside, with 34 crashes.
- No. 4: Prince of Wales & West Hunt Club, with 32 crashes.
- No. 5: Donald & St. Laurent, with 31 crashes.
- No. 6: Industrial & St. Laurent, with 30 crashes.
- No. 7: Greenbank & West Hunt Club, with 29 crashes.
- No. 8: Blair & 174 westbound off-ramp, with 28 crashes.
- No. 9: Bank & Hunt Club, with 27 crashes (tied for ninth place with four other intersections).
In all, Ottawa saw 15,023 crashes in 2013, most of which occurred during the afternoon rush hours from 3-6 p.m.
Twenty-seven people died in 2013, compared to 38 in 2010 and 25 in 2011.
The most collisions in 2013 happened on Fridays, and from November through to January.
People aged 20 to 24 years old were involved 459 crashes, the most of any age group. They were also killed the most often in 2013, with six fatalities.