After six years in Canada, Iranian immigrant Fatemeh Kamkar was told she would be a drain on the health care system after recently being diagnosed with breast cancer. Cory O'Kelly has the story.
VIDEO: Ottawa woman faces deportation after cancer diagnosis
CBC News Posted: Dec 08, 2011 8:07 PM ET Last Updated: Dec 23, 2011 9:48 AM ET
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Quebec religious neutrality bill met with concern, confusion
- 'Yuck factor' still hindering Ottawa's green bin efforts
- City set to buy Shea Road Woods in Stittsville
- Stanley Cup monument arrives in Ottawa
- OPP post $50K reward for info on woman last seen in 1996
- Defibrillators coming to all OCDSB schools
- Body pulled from Ottawa River near 24 Sussex Dr.
- Downtown councillors ask what could be done with city tax increase
- Warm Wednesday in Ottawa signals beautiful week ahead
- Sears liquidation: 3 things to know