Top 5 books to add to your summer reading list
Local authors provide award-winning books for reading in the heat
On Our Ottawa this week, we provide you with five authors you should check out on your summer reading list, including some local writers.
Join host Lucy van Oldenbarneveld for a look at what's happening in our community, plus lifestyle tips and stories about health, consumer, music, arts and entertainment.
You can watch Our Ottawa on CBC Television on Saturday at 6 a.m., as well as Sunday and Monday at 11 a.m.
The five authors featured on this week's show are:
- Eleanor Catton: With two prestigious awards on her bookshelf, the author talks about her prize-winning novel The Luminaries.
- Teresa Toten: The Governor General's Literary Arts Award-winning children's writer shares her story about The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B.
- Playwright Nicolas Billon wins the GG Literary Arts Award in Drama for Fault Lines: Three Plays.
- Paul Wells on Stephen Harper: The political writer talks about his revealing book The Longer I'm Prime Minister.
- Ottawa author Denise Chong reflects on stories about her Chinese heritage.
Contact Our Ottawa
Do you have a story idea for CBC Television's new weekly magazine show?