On Our Ottawa this week, we provide you with five authors you should check out on your summer reading list, including some local writers.
Join host Lucy van Oldenbarneveld for a look at what's happening in our community, plus lifestyle tips and stories about health, consumer, music, arts and entertainment.
You can watch Our Ottawa on CBC Television on Saturday at 6 a.m., as well as Sunday and Monday at 11 a.m.
The five authors featured on this week's show are:
- Eleanor Catton: With two prestigious awards on her bookshelf, the author talks about her prize-winning novel The Luminaries.
- Teresa Toten: The Governor General's Literary Arts Award-winning children's writer shares her story about The Unlikely Hero of Room 13B.
- Playwright Nicolas Billon wins the GG Literary Arts Award in Drama for Fault Lines: Three Plays.
- Paul Wells on Stephen Harper: The political writer talks about his revealing book The Longer I'm Prime Minister.
- Ottawa author Denise Chong reflects on stories about her Chinese heritage.
Contact Our Ottawa
Do you have a story idea for CBC Television's new weekly magazine show?