Road rage crash, fight sends 3 to hospital Saturday night
Posted: Feb 17, 2013 9:30 AM ET
Last Updated: Feb 17, 2013 1:01 PM ET
Three people were sent to hospital Saturday night after a bizarre case of road rage that prompted 911 calls throughout the east end, police say.
It happened at about 11:30 p.m.
Ottawa police started receiving multiple 911 calls from residents about two cars being driven erratically on the road.
The locations included Highway 174 and Trim Road.
Cars slammed into each other at Canotek Business Park
The two cars ended up at the Canotek Business Park, where they slammed into each other, according to east district police.
One of them was a silver Honda Civic with four men inside, and the second was a silver Pontiac G6 with five men inside.
After the crash, people from both cars got out and started fighting. Five people were injured, and three of them were taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The investigation is ongoing and police are asking anyone who knows anything about the case to call 613-236-1222, ext. 3566.
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
- Harper chief of staff resigns amid Senate expense scandal
- Nigel Wright has resigned as Prime Minister Stephen Harper's chief of staff, following revelations he wrote a $90,000 cheque to repay living expenses claimed by Senator Mike Duffy. more »
- Ottawa police probing possible dumpster arson in Bayshore
- Ottawa police are investigating a possible arson involving four dumpsters that damaged nearby vehicles on Woodridge Crescent Sunday morning. more »
- Man resuscitated after boat flips in Ottawa River
- A 60-year-old man was rescued from the Ottawa River after a boat he was fishing in flipped on Saturday afternoon at Crystal Beach, paramedics say. more »
- Man, 48, run over by forklift at Bank Street work site
- A 48-year-old man tripped at a work site on Saturday afternoon and was run over by a forklift, paramedics said. more »
Top News Headlines
- Search continues for 2 missing New Brunswick fishermen
- A search effort has resumed for two missing fishermen off the coast of New Brunswick, after a distress call was issued from their boat early Saturday. more »
- Jeep driver apologizes after stunt kills Edmonton woman
- A man claiming to be the driver of a Jeep that struck and killed a spectator at a charity event in Edmonton says he is sorry for what happened. more »
- Senior Pakistani politician shot dead
- Voting in Karachi goes ahead a day after gunmen killed a senior member of Imran Khan's Movement for Justice (PTI) party outside her home in Karachi. more »
- Virginia parade crash driver likely had medical problem
- Authorities believe the driver who plowed into dozens of hikers marching in a Virginia mountain town parade suffered from a medical condition and did not cause the crash intentionally, an emergency official said Sunday. more »
- 2 earthquakes felt in Ontario and Quebec
- Bagpiper finds extremely rare instrument at auction
- Fire destroys 100-year-old barn near Kemptville, Ont.
- Fallen rugby player remembered at tournament
- Pens ride Sidney Crosby hat trick to put Sens in hole
- Teen rugby player dies after suffering head injury in game
- Gatineau officer shot her own leg, police say
- Senator Pamela Wallin leaves Conservative caucus
- Homicide victim served jail time for 2008 stabbing