Funeral remembers mom, 2 kids in Ontario murder-suicide
Alison Easton, 40, young son and daughter died a week ago in Ottawa, funeral in Windsor
Posted: Jan 21, 2013 8:18 AM ET
Last Updated: Jan 21, 2013 1:43 PM ET
A joint funeral was held in Windsor, Ont., for the woman and her two children who died in a double murder-suicide in an Ottawa suburb a week ago.Alex Corchis, 10, Alison Easton, 40, and Katie Corchis, 6, left to right, were killed in a double murder-suicide in the west Ottawa suburb of Stittsville on Jan. 14. (Supplied photos)
The Monday morning service remembered 40-year-old Alison (Constance) Easton and her two children,10-year-old Alex Corchis and six-year-old Katie Corchis.
Police believe Easton killed her son and daughter before taking her own life in Stittsville on Jan. 14.
No details about cause of death have been released, but the autopsies were conducted last week.
The deaths have rocked the west Ottawa community where both children attended Stittsville Public School just across the street from their home.
Easton was often seen walking her children to and from school, according to a neighbour, where the girl was in kindergarten and the son was in Grade 5.
Police also said the mother was involved in the local neighbourhood watch program.
Easton and her husband, Jon Corchis, were married for 15 years. The funeral took place at All Saints Anglican Church in Windsor because both parents and their families are from the southern Ontario city.
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
- Man critically hurt in Gatineau bar fight stabbing
- Gatineau police are investigating a fight outside a bar early Sunday morning that sent one man to hospital in critical condition with stab wounds. more »
- Ottawa police probing possible dumpster arson in Bayshore
- Ottawa police are investigating a possible arson involving four dumpsters that damaged nearby vehicles on Woodridge Crescent Sunday morning. more »
- Man resuscitated after boat flips in Ottawa River
- A 60-year-old man was rescued from the Ottawa River after a boat he was fishing in flipped on Saturday afternoon at Crystal Beach, paramedics say. more »
- Man, 48, run over by forklift at Bank Street work site
- A 48-year-old man tripped at a work site on Saturday afternoon and was run over by a forklift, paramedics said. more »
Top News Headlines
- Senior Pakistani politician shot dead
- Gunmen in Pakistan have killed a senior member of Imran Khan's Movement for Justice (PTI) party outside her home in Karachi. more »
- Search continues for 2 missing New Brunswick fishermen
- A recovery effort has resumed for two missing fishermen off the coast of New Brunswick, after a distress call was issued from their boat early Saturday. more »
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- About 50 to 60 people were injured after a driver described by witnesses as an elderly man drove his car into a group of hikers marching in a parade in a small Virginia mountain town. more »
- Spectator killed at Edmonton Jeep event
- A 20-year-old woman died Saturday during an event for Jeep enthusiasts held in a parking lot just west of downtown Edmonton. more »
- 2 earthquakes felt in Ontario and Quebec
- Bagpiper finds extremely rare instrument at auction
- Fire destroys 100-year-old barn near Kemptville, Ont.
- Fallen rugby player remembered at tournament
- Pens ride Sidney Crosby hat trick to put Sens in hole
- Teen rugby player dies after suffering head injury in game
- Gatineau officer shot her own leg, police say
- Senator Pamela Wallin leaves Conservative caucus
- Homicide victim served jail time for 2008 stabbing