Gatineau police arrest 10 after drug raids
Posted: Nov 30, 2012 10:40 AM ET
Last Updated: Nov 30, 2012 1:34 PM ET
Gatineau police arrested 10 people Thursday night and seized drugs after three raids in western Quebec.
The arrests follow raids at two homes in Masson Angers, Que., and at a third home on Nadon Street in the Gatineau neighbourhood of Buckingham.
Police seized two vehicles, hundreds of pills, ecstasy, cocaine, marijuana and the date-rape drug GHB.
Two people will appear in court Friday facing multiple charges, including trafficking, possession for the purpose of drug trafficking and possession of property obtained by crime. The others were released with a promise to appear.
The arrests were the second phase of an investigation police are calling Operation Illusion.
Last week, police arrested eight people after raids at three homes in Gatineau and seized drugs, guns and more than $20,000 in cash.
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
- Armed man barricades himself in Gatineau apartment
- A man believed to be armed continues to barricade himself inside a Gatineau apartment building, causing an evacuation of multiple buildings, as police surround the area. more »
- New trial in fatal Rideau Centre hit-and-run
- The Ontario Court of Appeal has ordered a new trial in the case of Vlad Precup, who was originally sentenced to two years less a day in June 2011 for the hit-and-run death of a homeless man. more »
- Woman's basement sprayed with raw sewage
- An Ottawa homeowner says she got little help after city workers flooded her basement with raw sewage last week. more »
- Friend's favour turns into 2 bad breaks
- A man suffered serious fractures to both legs after he fell seven metres off a roof in Russell, just south of Ottawa, while helping his friend re-shingle the roof. more »
Top News Headlines
- Obesity now recognized as a disease
- The American Medical Association has voted to recognize obesity as a disease, while doctors in Canada say they also treat it as such. more »
- Neil Macdonald: Washington's obsession with leakers
- Julian Assange and Edward Snowden are just the most prominent targets in an all-out legal and propaganda campaign that America's security apparatus is mounting against leakers everywhere, Neil Macdonald writes. more »
- Caregiving dads stigmatized at work suggests UofT study
- Fathers who participate in child rearing and housework are likely to be labeled slackers and "failed men" at work, according to a study spearheaded by researchers at the University of Toronto and Long Island University. Are active dads the norm at your workplace? more »
- Dozens of children seized from Manitoba Mennonite community
- Child welfare authorities have removed all but one child from a small Mennonite community in rural Manitoba. more »
- Friend's favour turns into 2 bad broken legs
- Minor hockey players reflect on career-ending concussions
- Gatineau promotes itself with free shuttle service
- Tory MP fined $155 for driving through Hill security stop
- Mike Fisher, Carrie Underwood selling Ottawa dream home
- Bob Rae quits as MP in 'very emotional' decision
- Canadian border agents being impersonated in phone scam
- Sharlene Bosma speaks out about husband's murder
- The Spartan Race in 90 seconds