Students, teachers stung on class trip
Posted: Sep 19, 2012 1:40 PM ET
Last Updated: Sep 19, 2012 1:39 PM ET
Nine 12-year-olds and two teachers were stung multiple times by either wasps or bees during a class field trip Wednesday in Ottawa's east end.
Paramedics said the group was on a class outing at an outdoor education centre near Highway 174 and Old Montreal Road when they were stung at about 11:30 a.m.
One boy with a history of allergic reactions to bee stings had to be given an EpiPen. He was conscious, though, and he was later transported to hospital in stable condition.
Eight other students and two teachers were also treated after each being stung two to three times.
The remaining students and teachers were returned to their school.
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
- Harper chief of staff resigns amid Senate expense scandal
- Nigel Wright has resigned as Prime Minister Stephen Harper's chief of staff, following revelations he wrote a $90,000 cheque to repay living expenses claimed by Senator Mike Duffy. more »
- Ottawa police probing possible dumpster arson in Bayshore
- Ottawa police are investigating a possible arson involving four dumpsters that damaged nearby vehicles on Woodridge Crescent Sunday morning. more »
- Man resuscitated after boat flips in Ottawa River
- A 60-year-old man was rescued from the Ottawa River after a boat he was fishing in flipped on Saturday afternoon at Crystal Beach, paramedics say. more »
- Man, 48, run over by forklift at Bank Street work site
- A 48-year-old man tripped at a work site on Saturday afternoon and was run over by a forklift, paramedics said. more »
Top News Headlines
- Search continues for 2 missing New Brunswick fishermen
- Virginia parade crash driver likely had medical problem
- Senior Pakistani politician shot dead
- Spectator killed at Edmonton Jeep event
- 2 earthquakes felt in Ontario and Quebec
- Bagpiper finds extremely rare instrument at auction
- Fire destroys 100-year-old barn near Kemptville, Ont.
- Fallen rugby player remembered at tournament
- Pens ride Sidney Crosby hat trick to put Sens in hole
- Teen rugby player dies after suffering head injury in game
- Gatineau officer shot her own leg, police say
- Senator Pamela Wallin leaves Conservative caucus
- Homicide victim served jail time for 2008 stabbing