Gatineau woman attacked near Lac Leamy
Posted: Jun 15, 2012 5:46 PM ET
Last Updated: Jun 15, 2012 8:52 PM ET
Police are searching for a young man they say grabbed a woman from behind Friday afternoon and tried to drag her into the woods near Lac Leamy Park.
The suspect, described as between the age of 15 and 18, allegedly attacked the 31-year-old woman at about 1 p.m. as she walked along a bike path near the park.
She fought back and got loose from the suspect's grip when a passer-by came to her aid. The suspect fled on a black 10-speed bike.
He was described as wearing blue shorts but no shirt, police said.
Police conducted a sweep of the area but could not find the suspect.
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
- Man critically hurt in Gatineau bar fight stabbing
- Gatineau police are investigating a fight outside a bar early Sunday morning that sent one man to hospital in critical condition with stab wounds. more »
- Ottawa police probing possible dumpster arson in Bayshore
- Ottawa police are investigating a possible arson involving four dumpsters that damaged nearby vehicles on Woodridge Crescent Sunday morning. more »
- Man resuscitated after boat flips in Ottawa River
- A 60-year-old man was rescued from the Ottawa River after a boat he was fishing in flipped on Saturday afternoon at Crystal Beach, paramedics say. more »
- Man, 48, run over by forklift at Bank Street work site
- A 48-year-old man tripped at a work site on Saturday afternoon and was run over by a forklift, paramedics said. more »
Top News Headlines
- Senior Pakistani politician shot dead
- Gunmen in Pakistan have killed a senior member of Imran Khan's Movement for Justice (PTI) party outside her home in Karachi. more »
- Search continues for 2 missing New Brunswick fishermen
- A recovery effort has resumed for two missing fishermen off the coast of New Brunswick, after a distress call was issued from their boat early Saturday. more »
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- About 50 to 60 people were injured after a driver described by witnesses as an elderly man drove his car into a group of hikers marching in a parade in a small Virginia mountain town. more »
- Spectator killed at Edmonton Jeep event
- A 20-year-old woman died Saturday during an event for Jeep enthusiasts held in a parking lot just west of downtown Edmonton. more »
- 2 earthquakes felt in Ontario and Quebec
- Bagpiper finds extremely rare instrument at auction
- Fire destroys 100-year-old barn near Kemptville, Ont.
- Fallen rugby player remembered at tournament
- Pens ride Sidney Crosby hat trick to put Sens in hole
- Teen rugby player dies after suffering head injury in game
- Gatineau officer shot her own leg, police say
- Senator Pamela Wallin leaves Conservative caucus
- Homicide victim served jail time for 2008 stabbing