Ryan Gosling was named a Mouseketeer back in 1993, and that honour landed him a segment on CBC News.
For CBC Rewind, we went back 21 years into our archives to find that story.
And yes, it's adorable.
Gosling's interview with CBC Ottawa reporter Cory O'Kelly airs this weekend on Our Ottawa, CBC’s new weekly magazine show, but you can watch it in its entirety in the video player above.
Our Ottawa airs every Saturday at 6 a.m., as well as Sundays and Mondays at 11 a.m.
Also this week on Our Ottawa with host Lucy van Oldenbarneveld:
- Actress/comedian Mary Walsh (Marg Delahunty) talks about her one-woman show at the GCTC.
- Wipebook | University of Ottawa graduates created a notebook, and they'll soon be appearing on CBC's Dragon's Den.
- Made in Ottawa | A visit with PapaJack, a local popcorn company.
- Meet Matteo Tempo-Belloni, a 12-year-old opera singer from Kanata who's winning gold medals.
- Diet pill | A team of Ottawa researchers are hoping a pill can suppress food cravings.
An earlier version of this story stated that Ryan Gosling was Canada's first Mouseketeer. However, an email received from a former Mouseketeer said there were two Canadians on the show in the 1950s.Mar 24, 2014 1:38 PM ET