Jeri Rodrigs created a simple plastic mould that attaches to a room's heat vent to create a low-cost humidifier that doesn't require electricity. Sandra Abma has his story in the video above.
Rumidifier a made in Ottawa invention
CBC News Posted: Feb 27, 2014 8:19 PM ET Last Updated: Feb 27, 2014 8:19 PM ET
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
Veteran Paul Nichols stopped in Stittsville Friday as he makes his way across the country on horseback to talk about readjusting after military life.
A city councillor is asking the city to repair a fence blocking access to the abandoned Prince of Wales rail bridge and to put up bigger no-trespassing signs after two recent swarmings.
The stories and people that our city is talking about - every week on CBC's Our Ottawa with Adrian Harewood.
Late Night CBC TV News from Ottawa
Top News Headlines
- Prince of Wales rail bridge to be re-sealed off after swarmings
- 11 arrested outside strip of Gatineau bars overnight
- Rideau Street closed to vehicles between Sussex, Dalhousie for 3 years
- Training guide dogs takes years of work, short documentary shows
- Melissa Bishop's family celebrates world track medal in Eganville
- City of Ottawa saddled with $41M deficit for 2015
- Kathleen Edwards's 1957 Les Paul Junior guitar stolen
- Low Canadian dollar tough for Sens, but could be worse
- Muhab Sultan drowning won't spur charges against Ottawa police
- Motorcyclist hurt, deer killed after south Ottawa collision