Jeri Rodrigs created a simple plastic mould that attaches to a room's heat vent to create a low-cost humidifier that doesn't require electricity. Sandra Abma has his story in the video above.
Rumidifier a made in Ottawa invention
CBC News Posted: Feb 27, 2014 8:19 PM ET Last Updated: Feb 27, 2014 8:19 PM ET
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
CBC's Rosemary Barton is travelling with the PM, we check in with her.
Lansdowne Park is built, and the Redblacks are even in the Grey Cup. But the debate over who pays for what is still dogging city hall.
Is Ottawa prepared to help them? A psychotherapist explains the shortage and what he's doing about it.
It's giving paramedics there a whole new perspective on their work we get a glimpse.
Top News Headlines
- Nude painting of Stephen Harper for sale on Kijiji
- uOttawa student federation suspends club after sexual assault allegations
- Former refugees ready to welcome Syrians at Sophia House
- 'SmartChair' remote controlled powered wheelchair in development
- Yoga class cancelled at University of Ottawa over 'cultural issues'
- Ontario and Quebec cities, towns sign climate change covenant
- Christy Natsis's lawyers file notice of appeal of convictions
- CBC TV host Lucy van Oldenbarneveld talks about the beauty of being bald
- CBC Ottawa's live music setlist for the weekend
- Man dies of injuries after falling 3 storeys at east Ottawa construction site