Griffin Prize finalist Sandra Ridley
Air Date: Apr 18, 2017 12:00 AM ET
It's the biggest poetry prize in the English-speaking world and Ottawa's own Sandra Ridley is one of the finalists. She dropped by the studio to talk about she almost wrote poetry off before publishing her collection Silvija.
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Dad, 2 young kids pulled off Air Canada plane after mother turned away at gate
- If we're OK with government meddling in housing, what else is fair game?
- Michael Chong urges rivals to 'get serious' as Conservatives gather for final leadership debate
- It's Trudeau's move after Trump goes from tough talk to action with lumber duties: Chris Hall
- Ottawa Catholic School Board leery of new Netflix series 13 Reasons Why
- Soldier Daniel Bobbitt's wife speaks after husband killed in rollover
- Rent-free farm offer sows more interest than owner can handle
- Wild turkey turning heads in downtown Ottawa
- Ontario set to begin shifting home care responsibilities
- Man accused of killing Michael Wassill says fatal stabbing was 'accident'
- With Leafs and Habs out, will their fans hop aboard Sens bandwagon?
- 'We're behind': Ottawa firefighters still without naloxone training
- Looming softwood lumber tariff worries Outaouais mills
- Ottawa's 2017 snow-clearing budget already facing $9.3M deficit