Pop-up grocery store brings affordable food across Ottawa
The Market Mobile is a travelling farmers market on an OC Transpo bus
A new Ottawa pilot project takes fresh vegetables and groceries to low-income neighbourhoods on an OC Transpo bus — and the organizers are guests on Our Ottawa this week.
Jamie Hurst and Shannon Szkurhnan, coordinators of the Market Mobile program, sat down with Lucy van Oldenbarneveld to talk about how the bus works and what a difference it has made in low-income neighbourhoods.
Our Ottawa is CBC Television's weekly magazine program.
Join host Lucy van Oldenbarneveld for a look at what's happening in our community, plus lifestyle tips and stories about health, consumer, music, arts and entertainment.
Also on Our Ottawa this week
- Fall Foliage: What's the science behind the colourful leaves?
- Girls in Lesotho: A new children's book helps girls and women in the south African country of Lesotho.
- Growing Gratitude: A community garden in Orleans donates 1,700 pounds of food to the Ottawa Mission.
- Cranberries: We visit a cranberry farm to find out how the berries make it to your turkey dinner.
- Social Media: CBC digital producer Jennifer Beard discusses the hot topics on Twitter and Facebook.
Watch Our Ottawa Saturday at noon and Sunday and Monday at 11 a.m on CBC Television.