Garden City Display Fireworks, based in Beamsville, Ont., is representing Canada Wednesday night at the Casino Lac-Leamy Sound of Light fireworks competition.
- LISTEN | Ottawa Morning's Susan Burgess visits barge housing fireworks with owner Michael Bohonos
Here are some details about tonight's performance:
Weather permitting, it starts at 9:15 p.m..
Canadian Museum of History in Gatineau, though the show will also be visible from the Ottawa side of the river.
Some radio stations will also be broadcasting the soundtrack. Click on the Sound of Light website to learn more.
Canadian Museum of History
- Accessible via Laurier Street.
- Rate: $12.50 per vehicle.
- First come, first served.
- Parking and Laurier Street closed after the fireworks until site has been evacuated or until 10:15 p.m.
- Accessible via Victoria Street (corner Notre-Dame-de-l’Île).
- Rate: $10 per vehicle.
- Limited space - First come, first served.
Parking around the site
- Many different lots available close to Casino's gourmet partners, within a short walking distance to the event. Rate decided by the operator, not by the event.
- Parking in the streets of Gatineau, subject to regular municipal bylaws
Alexandra Bridge will temporarily be closed from 8:30 to 10:15 PM on the nights of the event. St. Patrick Street at Mackenzie Avenue, Murray Street at Mackenzie Avenue, and Lady Grey Drive at Sussex Drive, also closed.
STO and shuttle buses
- Special trips added for Routes 37, 57, 59 and 400 leaving from the Museum after the fireworks. Regular rates apply.
- Sound of Light shuttle service for people with mobility issues offering parking (for free) and pick-up points at Du Plateau Boulevard by the Loblaws and at the Robert Guertin Centre Park and Ride.
- Shuttle service return trips begin right after fireworks until 10:15 p.m.