Why were trees cut down this winter near Overbrook? What is the cost of the Airport Parkway Pedestrian bridge? And who is Myfanwy Davies? Test your knowledge of local news.
Ottawa news quiz for week of Feb. 23, 2014
New logos, lost trees and that pesky bridge project highlight some of this week's newsworthy items
CBC News Posted: Feb 28, 2014 2:38 PM ET Last Updated: Feb 28, 2014 8:50 PM ET
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
By his own admission, Hugh Langley was not living a healthy lifestyle only 2 years ago. He began running, and then attained the fastest time by a Canadian at the Boston Marathon last month.
Hear about Erin Kennedy, aka Robot Girl, with Bowie, her beach cleaning robot. She builds robots and will be testing Bowie this morning at Westboro Beach.
They are first-person accounts, including a doomed financier who may be haunting the Chateau Laurier and the tale of why some think Watson's Mill in Manotick is haunted.
Hear about a program in Ottawa which lets volunteers don hip-waders to help monitor and measure local streams.
Top News Headlines
- Trudeau upended 'man's world' of Canadian politics with election, researchers say
- Brazilian police swarm Rio slums for suspects after girl's gang rape
- 'Best-preserved specimen in existence': 40,000-year-old baby woolly mammoth Lyuba comes to Canada
- Illegal immigrants treated better than veterans, Donald Trump tells biker rally
- Justin Trudeau's election redefined politics of manliness, study suggests
- Ottawa Race Weekend marathon won by Ethiopia's Dino Sefir
- Jack MacLaren says he's more careful and conscious after sensitivity training
- Ottawa Paramedics kept busy with 4 separate crashes this weekend
- Marwan Khan missing since Wednesday in Ottawa area
- Britannia youth fight stigma with basketball
- Calls for Good Samaritan law renewed after overdose victim's body dumped
- Jack MacLaren's 'vulgar' joke about Liberal MP bombs across party lines
- Ottawa Race Weekend changes some start times due to sweltering heat
- Ottawa hosts welcome party for Syrian refugees at Lansdowne Park