Ottawa-area music show to catch tonight
The 24th Street Wailers among Amanda Putz's live music picks
24th Street Wailers @ NAC Fourth Stage, Saturday, Jan. 25
I will begin and end with some fiery dance music, but this time it's more in the vein of boogie-woogie on the blues dance floor. The 24th Street Wailers are the kind of foursome that impresses blues fans, gospel, vintage R&B all at the same time.
They are the Saturday night attraction at the National Arts Centre's Fourth Stage, $28.50, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 25
- Django Unrestrained @ Gigspace: tribute to Django + birthday party at intermission! 7:30 PM [SOLD OUT].
- The 24th Street Wailers @ NAC Fourth Stage, 7:30 p.m., $22.80.
- Craig Pedersen Quartet + Flying Horsés @ Avante Garde Bar, 10 p.m. $TBD.
- Burns Night @ The Branch, Kemptville 9 p.m.
- Terry Tufts @ Kaffe 1870, Wakefield, 9 p.m., $TBD.
- Destiny @ Irene's, 9:30 p.m., $TBD (Ottawa's newest funk, disco dance band).
- Acoustic Guitars and Railway Cars hosted by Tariq Anwar 4-8 p.m. / The Fays + Tara Holloway 10 p.m. @ Atomic Rooster, free.
- An evening of Beatles classics performed by singer and guitarist Phil Jenkins @ La Grange de la Gatineau.
- Airliner Blues Band @ Valley BBQ in Carleton Place, 9 p.m., FREE.
- MonkeyJunk @ The Blacksheep Inn, Wakefield, 8:30 $20 advance.
- Daft Punk TRIBUTE @ Mavericks, 10 p.m., $16.
Sunday, Jan. 26
- Robbie Burns Day with Bobby Watt and Ecosse @ The Blacksheep Inn, Wakefield, 4 p.m., $15 advance.
- Blues Sunday 6-9 p.m. - Rocket Rached and Fat City 8 + 10 p.m.: Late Nite Live w/ Dynamite Motel @ Atomic Rooster, free.
Wednesday, Jan. 29
- Leif Vollebekk @ St. Alban's Anglican Church Jan 29, 2014 - Ottawa, Canada.
- Django Libre @ Petit Chicago, Gatineau. Time, ticket prices TBD.