OC Transpo drops investigation into video of buses running red lights
The head of OC Transpo said he's taking no further action over a video that appears to show city buses running red lights at a downtown intersection, because whoever posted it online hasn't come forward.
On April 30, someone posted a video on YouTube showing 22 instances of buses running red lights. The video appears to have been shot from a parking lot on Slater Street just west of Metcalfe Street, facing the intersection.
The video calls bus drivers "irresponsible, rude, crude, lazy and unaware," among other things. It also questions the work of Diane Deans, who chairs the Transit Commission.
'I don't deal with anonymous things,' Manconi says
OC Transpo general manager John Manconi has asked whoever posted the video to come forward but said so far no one has taken him up on that.
"It's an anonymous video and I don't deal with anonymous things," said Manconi.
"I want facts and I want information. It's a serious allegation that needs to be looked and we do active monitoring and we actually went out monitoring the next day to see if we could see anything as blatant as this video was portraying and that was not the case," said Manconi.
Manconi said OC Transo continues to monitor the system, but is no longer paying special attention to the intersection in the video.