National Capital Commission CEO Marie Lemay will be taking on an associate deputy minister portfolio next month.
Prime Minister Stephen Harper on Friday announced a series of changes in the public service senior ranks.
Lemay will become associate deputy minister of infrastructure on Aug. 27.
She's served as the NCC's CEO since January 2008.
Other changes include:
- Bob Hamilton, currently senior associate secretary of the treasury board, becomes deputy minister of the environment on Aug. 1.
- Mary Chaput, currently associate deputy minister of veterans affairs, becomes deputy minister of veterans affairs on July 16.
- Anne Marie Smart, currently special advisor, communications and consultations, privy council office, becomes associate deputy minister of veterans affairs, effective July 16, 2012.
- Alan Latourelle is reappointed CEO of the Parks Canada Agency, effective Aug. 7, for a three-year term.
- David Moloney, senior advisor to the privy council office, will assume responsibility for the Regulatory Cooperation Council in addition to his current responsibilities for Border Action Plan Implementation, effective Aug. 1.