My abortion, my story
Personal stories revealing the quietly-lived experiences of real women
CBC News Posted: Nov 29, 2017 5:00 AM ET Last Updated: Nov 29, 2017 8:17 AM ET
Regrets or not, abortion remains taboo.
CBC journalist Rita Celli, host of Ontario Today, broke through the secrecy by inviting women to talk about their abortions on live radio in May 2017.
Many of the women who shared their stories and submitted photos to CBC said they are afraid of being judged or harmed.
Click on the photos and scroll down to read each woman's story. (Stories have been edited for length. Mobile users may have to wait a few moments for the images to appear.)
Latest Ottawa News Headlines
Top News Headlines
- Take the 'Eh-Train': Ottawa reveals names of 40 LRT cars
- 'An invisible injury': How May Mutter is using body art to talk about concussions
- Heron Gate residents, developer sketch out community's future
- Mourners gather to remember 6-year-old killed by truck
- Gay Muslim cooking night serves up encouragement and support
- 3 days after flu diagnosis, 39-year-old Gatineau woman dies
- Freezing rain warning issued for Ottawa, surrounding areas
- Man wanted for 2nd-degree murder turns himself in, police say
- Smiths Falls company that dissolves the dead has licence suspended
- CBC Ottawa news quiz for the week of Feb. 18