manotick black dog bistro fire

Ottawa Fire Services said a fire on the deck of Black Dog Bistro in Manotick was caused by a cigarette. (CBC)

An "improperly discarded cigarette" started a fire on the deck of a Manotick pub Sunday afternoon, according to Ottawa Fire Services.

A passerby reported black smoke coming from the Black Dog Bistro on Manotick Main Street just after 1:30 p.m.

No one was injured but damage is estimated at up to $10,000, according to Ottawa Fire Services. The fire was contained to the deck.

A City of Ottawa bylaw bans smoking outdoors on restaurant and bar patios.