A 24-year-old man is dead and a 23-year-old man is facing impaired driving and theft charges after a crash in Nation Township early Saturday morning.
Ontario Provincial police officers at the Hawkesbury detachment responded to a single-vehicle collision on Concession Road 9 just before 3 a.m. Saturday. Six people were inside.
A passenger, 24-year-old Renaud Savage, of Casselman, Ont., died at scene.
A second male passenger was transported to hospital where he remained Monday in critical, life-threatening condition. A third male passenger also remained in hospital Monday with serious, non-life threatening injuries.
Two other passengers were not injured.
The driver, a 23-year-old man from Alexandria in North Glengarry Township, was remanded into custody on Sunday. His next court appearance in L'Orignal is set for July 16. He is charged with:
- 1 count of impaired driving causing death.
- 2 counts of impaired driving causing bodily harm.
- 1 count of dangerous driving causing death.
- 2 counts of dangerous driving causing bodily harm.
- 1 count of theft of a motor vehicle.
The OPP continues to investigate.