People living in Canada's Arctic are experiencing a lot of change, both environmentally and culturally.
- LAST WEEK | Ottawa's 1976 Grey Cup victory relived
Watch the video above to see James Raffan discuss the motivation behind his book, Circling the Midnight Sun, in which he tells the stories of people he met during his travels in the Arctic Circle.
Raffan is also visiting Quitters Coffee in Stittsville on Saturday to discuss his book. Quitters is the new coffee shop owned by musician Kathleen Edwards.
Also, watch Our Ottawa with host Lucy van Oldenbarneveld for a look a what's happening in our community, plus lifestyle tips and stories about health, consumer, music, arts and entertainment.
Also airing this week on Our Ottawa:
- Alfie retires: Former Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson retires from hockey with a special coming home celebration.
- Youville Centre: We visit a local centre that provides educational programs and support for young mothers and their children.
- New bridge: The new pedestrian bridge over the Airport Parkway has finally opened after months and months of delays.
- Social media: CBC digital producer Jennifer Beard highlights top web stories and comments on Twitter and Facebook.
Our Ottawa is a weekly TV show that takes a look at what's happening in our community, and includes lifestyle tips and stories about health, consumer, music, arts and entertainment.
The shows airs Saturday at noon, Sunday at 11 a.m. and Monday at 1 p.m. on CBC Television.