Internet child luring charges laid against Ottawa man
A 42-year-old Ottawa man is facing 11 charges after a child luring investigation, Ottawa police say.
The man is facing:
- Three counts of making computer contact with a person under 16 years of age.
- Four counts of making computer contact with a person under 18 years of age for a sexual purpose.
- One count of making available sexually explicit material to a child under 16 years of age.
- One count of making available sexually explicit material to a child under 18 years of age.
- Two counts of possessing child pornography.
The man was scheduled to appear in court Monday, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Ottawa police internet child exploitation unit at 613-236-1222, ext. 5660, or Crime Stoppers at 613-233-8477 (TIPS) — toll free at 1-800-222-8477.