A former Ottawa man is facing rape and assault charges for alleged offences in Ottawa dating back to the 1960s.
The incidents took place from 1967 to 1969 and involved a girl and a boy, Ottawa police said in a media release issued Monday.
Everett John Wilson, 68, now living in Chesterville, Ont., has been charged with:
- Two counts of indecent assault.
- One count of sexual interference with a female under 14 years of age.
- One count of rape.
- One count of uttering threats.
- Two counts of assault causing bodily harm.
- Two counts of buggery.
- Two counts of gross indecency.
The charges reflect the Criminal Code of Canada as it existed when the alleged offences occurred.
Wilson was scheduled to appear in an Ottawa courtroom later Monday.
The sexual assault and child abuse unit is looking for any other possible victims who may have been in contact with Wilson. They're asked to contact the unit at 613-236-1222, ext. 5944, or Crime Stoppers at 613-233-8477 (TIPS) — toll free at 1-800-222-8477.