An eastern Ontario school teacher faces 36 charges in connection with sexual offences that allegedly occurred in Tweed, Ont., involving children between 12 and 15 years old, according to police.
Jaclyn McLaren, 36, of Stirling, Ont., was arrested on Feb. 15 — one day after the Ontario Provincial Police launched their investigation, police said Friday evening.
She was charged with:
- four counts of sexual assault on a person under 16
- four counts of sexual interference with a person under 16
- four counts of invitation to sexual touching under 16
- eight counts of sexual exploitation
- six counts of luring a person under 16
- six counts of making sexually explicit material available to a person under 16
On Saturday, McLaren — also known as Jaclyn Jones — appeared for a bail hearing and was charged with three additional counts of making child pornography and one further count of making sexually explicit material available to children, police said.
McLaren, a teacher with the Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board, was released and is scheduled to make her next court appearance on Mar. 31 in Belleville, Ont., police said.
The crimes allegedly occurred between 2013 and 2016, said police.